Check out this recipe I put together for The Honest Company.
Granola can be super high in calories and full of sugar and not great fats. You’ll see with this recipe that everything, down to the sweetener is packed with nutrition. Healthy, crunchy granola with three fun ways to use it…take a look.
2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine cereal, almonds, walnuts, flaxseed and cinnamon, stir to evenly distribute.
3. In a small saucepan, combine molasses, water, salt and oil. Bring to a gentle boil, for about two minutes and whisk to combine.
4. Pour the molasses mixture over the cereal and nuts, toss to evenly coat and spread on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake 10 minutes on 350 degrees.
6. Remove granola from the oven, toss and reduce temperature to 300 degrees.
7. Place granola back into the oven and bake another 20-25 minutes.
8. Let granola cool and toss with cranberries.
Store in airtight glass container in a cool, dry place for 2 weeks or in the refrigerator for up to a month!
COMBINE FOR 3 TYPES OF SNACKS
Fresh berries or chopped seasonal fruit
Goats milk yogurt
2 tablespoons almond butter
½ cup granola mixture
1 granny smith apple
1 firm pear
*gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free