I've been home recovering from my 16th knee surgery and spending a LOT of time cuddling my parents pups...they have two gorgeous goldens that you can't help but love. Every time I'm home, I end up cooking for everyone and using them as my personal taste testers, but despite the begging, those cute pups have yet to benefit from my cooking trials.
I finally gave in to their big begging eyes and made doggie treats they went ballistic for! Simple, organic ingredients that are really healthy for them and a really fun little weekend project. Here's the recipe!
Milo and Maddy's Pumpkin Flax Treats
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup hot water
1 1/3 cup Brown rice flour
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 whole large eggs
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, mix flax and hot water and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Once flax has set, add to the mixture and combine until all ingredients are evenly combined and it forms a ball.
4. Sprinkle extra brown rice flour onto a clean surface and roll out dough using extra flour on the rolling pin to make sure it doesn't stick. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the dough and lift them onto a baking sheet with an off-set spatula.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool completely. Serve room temperature to your pups!